FACTS AND STATISTICS
“By 2050, the oceans will contain more plastic than fish by weight.”
It takes thousands of years for one straw to break down
We have a safe solution.
Eco-Glass Straws are Safe, Affordable, Sustainable, and Superior.
Eco Glass Straws is dedicated to preserving the environment for future generations, a portion of our proceeds are donated to environmental causes.
Keep one in your lunch, briefcase, at the office, or throw it in your pocket every morning.
Make an even bigger impact by getting extras as gifts for loved ones.No matter how small the change may seem,
it is magnified when millions of people contribute.
People are unaware of the impact on our Oceans and wildlife is as severe as it really is. Tell a Friend!
Save the oceans
While efforts are being made to remove debris from the oceans, improve recycling systems, and innovate barriers to prevent plastic from getting into waterways, we can all take action in our daily lives to stop plastic waste at the source.
“Plastic is ubiquitous in modern society and seemingly unavoidable. But is it worth risking the lives of marine species, the health of the oceans and our own future in the name of convenience? By taking steps to minimize everyday plastics in our lives, we can crush plastic at the source and give marine life a fighting chance,”
Why does the type of glass matter?
Eco Glass Straws uses only Pyrex glass sourced directly from Germany, the world leaders in lead free pure glass production. We never sourced from China.
We use borosilicate glass, which is the strongest glass commercially available, as well as being kiln annealed to ensure durability. Our straws are hypoallergenic, non-toxic and lead-free, so you know you are not leaching toxins in the drinks you consume.
- Our glass is BPA-Free, Lead-Free and Toxin-Free.
- Borosilicate is non-porous and hypo-allergenic.
- Borosilicate has super durability being more resistant to breaking than other glass, and colors stay brilliant after each use and wash.
- Borosilicate is already used for high-quality beverage glassware and kitchenware (like measuring cups, coffee pots).
- Borosilicate is microwave, oven, freezer and dishwasher safe. You can heat it up to 1500 degrees Fahrenheit before it will melt!
- We hand make all of our glass straws in Hood River, OR, ensuring complete quality control.
- Our Straws are kiln annealed for even more durability, as well as ensuring that the different colors of glass hold together properly.